Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane 350 V.O.C. is a clear, oil-based, durable protective finish.
- Provides long-lasting beauty and protection to any interior wood surface.
- Among the most durable coatings for wood protection.
- Ideal for woodwork, furniture, doors, cabinets and floors.
- Can be used on both finished and unfinished wood.
|Sheens:||gloss, semi-gloss, satin|
|Application Tool:||natural bristle brush, foam brush, or lambswool applicator|
|Location:||interior wood surfaces|
|Recoat:||after 4-6 hours|
|Dry Time:||24 hours before light use|
|Cleanup:||mineral spirits or paint thinner|
|Coverage:||approximately 600 sq. ft. per gallon|
|Recommended Uses:||woodwork, furniture, doors, cabinets and floors|
Directions Instrucciones en Español
Interior Use Only
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Surface must be dry and free of old finishes in poor condition, paint, wax, grease, polish, dirt or other foreign matter.
- Sand to obtain a smooth uniform surface. Remove all dust.
- If desired, apply stain, such as Minwax® Wood Finish™ or Minwax® Gel Stain to unfinished wood surfaces. Follow directions for application and dry times.
- Stir Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane before and during use to eliminate settling on the bottom of the can. Stir to rotate the product from the bottom to the top of the can. NEVER SHAKE.
- Apply a THIN coat of Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane using a high-quality natural or foam brush.
- Let dry 4-6 hours. Then lightly sand entire surface with fine sandpaper (220 grit) to ensure an even finish and proper adhesion. Remove all dust.
- For floor projects, use a square buff orbital or disk-type sander with 220 grit sandpaper or the equivalent grit pad or screen (specifically designed for sanding between coats). Do not use a belt or drum-type sander for sanding between coats. Follow the sander manufacturer's directions for your type of project.
- Apply a second coat. If a third coat is desired, repeat step 6 before application.
- After final coat, allow 24 hours before light use.
When used on hardwood floors, use a lambswool or synthetic pad applicator or natural bristle brush and maintain a wet edge to avoid lap marks. For maximum durability, we recommend three coats. Avoid heavy traffic and replacing of furniture for 72 hours after final coat. When replacing furniture, do not slide. Do not install rugs or clean floors for 7 days.
CLEANUP: Use mineral spirits or paint thinner following manufacturer's safety instructions.
COVERAGE: Approximately 600 square feet per gallon.
Note: Dry times and coverage rates are based on good ventilation, temperature of 77°F and 50% relative humidity. Lower temperature, higher humidity, lack of air movement or application of thick coats will extend dry time. Always test tackiness between coats. Do not sand or re-coat when surface is tacky. Slight ambering may be experienced when Polyurethane is applied over light-colored wood surfaces. Always spot test on an inconspicuous area to ensure satisfactory results. For light-colored wood surfaces, we recommend protecting with Minwax® Polycrylic® Protective Finish or Minwax® Ultimate Floor Finish.
DANGER: Rags, steel wool, other waste soaked with this product, and sanding residue may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately place rags, steel wool, other waste soaked with this product, and sanding residue in a sealed, water-filled, metal container. Dispose of in accordance with local fire regulations.
CAUTIONS: CONTAINS ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS.
Contents are COMBUSTIBLE. Keep away from heat and open flame.
VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.|
DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE. Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Fast-Drying Polyurethane 350 V.O.C. Compliant?
Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane 350 V.O.C. Compliant is a clear, oil based durable protective finish. It provides long lasting protection and beauty to any interior wood surface.
Minwax® already had 350 V.O.C. Compliant High Build Polyurethane, why is a new product being introduced?
High-Build Polyurethane is a great 350 V.O.C. polyurethane. New technology has allowed for a new polyurethane formulation that is more user-friendly to apply over larger surface areas and dries faster than other oil-based 350 V.O.C. polyurethanes available.
Is High-Build Polyurethane still going to be available?
No, Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane 350 V.O.C. will replace the High-Build Polyurethane.
What are the advantages of using Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane 350 V.O.C. Compliant?
Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane provides superior durability and long lasting protection for all interior wood surfaces. It is ideal for woodwork, furniture, doors, cabinets, and floors. Additionally, this product is faster drying than other oil-based 350 V.O.C. polyurethanes available and can be recoated in four to six hours.
Can this product be used on hardwood floors?
Yes, this product is great for floors. It has the same durability as the current Fast-Drying Polyurethane with a new 350 V.O.C. formula.
Can this product be boxed or mixed with Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane or High-Build Polyurethane?
Yes, this product can be boxed or mixed with both the Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane and Minwax® High-Build Polyurethane.
Safety Data Sheet
We Also Suggest
Here are some additional products and tips to explore.
Prevent Bubbles in the Finish
To minimize brush marks and bubbles, "tip off" each section of your project. Hold the brush at a 45-degree angle and lightly run the bristles over the entire length of the wood.