- One Coat Polyurethane is a crystal clear, protective topcoat that allows you to complete project 3X faster.
- Its advanced formulation provides the same level of durability in one coat the is comparable to three coats of a conventional polyurethane.
- Crystal clear, non ambering topcoat .
- Dries in two hours.
- Cleans up easily with soap and warm water.
|Sheens:||gloss, semi-gloss, satin|
|Application Tool:||synthetic bristle brush|
|Location:||interior wood surfaces|
|Recoat:||no recoat needed|
|Dry Time:||2 hours|
|Cleanup:||soap and warm water|
|Coverage:||50 sq. ft. per quart|
|VOC Content:||Maximum VOC of 275 g/L|
|Recommended Uses:||woodwork, furniture, cabinets, doors, not recommended for floors|
DirectionsInstrucciones en Español
Interior Use Only
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazerdous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Surface must be dry and free of paint, wax, grease, polish, old finishes in poor condition or any foreign matter.
- Sand to a smooth uniform surface. DO NOT USE STEEL WOOL. Remove dust with a damp cloth. Let dry completely.
- If desired, apply stain, such as Minwax® Water-Based Wood Stain or Minwax® Wood Finish™ stain to bare wood surfaces following label directions. Wait at least 24 hours before applying Minwax® One Coat Polyurethane over Minwax® Wood Finish™ stain.
- Stir well before and regularly during use. DO NOT SHAKE.
- Apply a coat of Minwax® One Coat Polyurethanewith a high quality synthetic bristle brush. Apply in the direction of the wood grain in one smooth uniform coat.
- Allow 2 hours before light handling and 24 hours before normal use.
Special Instructions: Minwax® One Coat Polyurethane should not be applied over red mahogany stains. Instead use Minwax® Fast Drying Polyurethane or Minwax® Water-Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane over any red mahogany stain. Minwax® One Coat Polyurethane is not recommended for use on floors because it would require more frequent recoating in high traffic areas. Instead, we recommend any Minwax® Super Fast Drying Polyurethane for Floors or Minwax® Ultimate Floor Finish for maximum durability.
CLEANUP: Clean up with soap and warm water immediately after use.
COVERAGE: Approximately 50 sq. ft. per quart.
Note: Keep from freezing. Store below 105°F. For interior use only. Dry times and coverage rates are based on good ventilation, temperature of 77°F and 50% relative humidity. Lower temperature, higher humidity, lack of ventilation or application of thick coats will extend dry time. Oil-based stains, oil-based and latex paints or other coatings applied under Minwax® One Coat Polyurethane may amber normally. Always spot test on an inconspicuous area to ensure satisfactory results.
CAUTIONS: CONTAINS ALKYL PROPANOLS, ETHYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCOL ETHERS AND METHYL-2-PYRROLIDINONE. CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT MAY CAUSE ADVERSE REPRODUCTIVE EFFECTS AND MAY ADVERSELY AFFECT THE DEVELOPING FETUS BASED ON ANIMAL DATA.
VAPOR HARMFUL: Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
FIRST AID:In care of eye contact, flush throughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash throughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician immediately.
DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG-TERM OVEREXPOSURE:Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhailing the contents may be harmful or fatal.
WARNING:This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other productive harm.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
CONFORMS TO ASTM-D-4236.Contact a physician for more health information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, if a desired stain color can only be achieved by mixing two colors, simply experiment with different proportions until the desired color is achieved. Then mix enough stain to complete the entire project to avoid color-matching later.