Minwax® Antique Furniture Refinisher

Minwax® Antique Furniture Refinisher is a low viscosity, amber colored blend of solvents and wood conditioners used to dissolve varnish, shellac, and/or lacquer on all types of wood surfaces without harming the wood.


  • Contains natural wood oils that penetrate and condition wood
  • Does not remove paint or polyurethane
  • Perfect product for antique wooden furniture restoration

Reviews

From Real Homes

Get Inspired

See what’s possible, and then make it happen. Tag @minwaxusa on Instagram to have your project featured.

Application Directions

  • Preparation Warning
    Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
  • APPLICATION STEPS
    • Wear rubber gloves and protective glasses. Pour 4-6 ounces of Minwax® Antique Furniture Refinisher into a metal or glass container.
    • Dip a piece of fine steel wool (000) into the Minwax® Antique Furniture Refinisher and squeeze out excess.
    • Rub gently in small circles until old finish is dissolved. Repeat process as needed. Replace Minwax® Antique Furniture Refinisher liquid in pan when it becomes thick.
    • When completed, go back over entire surface with clean steel wool and clean Minwax® Antique Furniture Refinisher. Be sure any lap marks are removed.
  • CAUTIONS
    CAUTIONS: CONTAINS ACETONE, TOLUENE AND METHANOL. POISON- GET MEDICAL ATTENTION. Contents are EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Vapors will accumulate readily and may ignite explosively. During use and until all vapors are gone: Keep area ventilated- Do not smoke- Extinguish all flames, pilot lights, and heaters- Turn off stoves, electric tools and appliances, and any other sources of ignition. VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wear rubber gloves and safety goggles during use. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage. FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately. DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE. Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal. WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

Data Sheets:

Product Number Base Container Size SDS PDS
027426673007 - 1 Quart SDS PDS