Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
Surface must be dry and free of paint, wax, grease, polish, old finishes in poor condition or any foreign matter.
Sand to obtain a smooth, uniform surface. Remove all dust.
If desired, apply stain, such as Minwax® Wood Finish™ Stain to unfinished interior wood surfaces. Follow directions for application instructions and dry times.
Stir Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane before and during use to eliminate settling on the bottom of the can. Stir to rotate the product from the bottom to the top of the can. NEVER SHAKE. Do not thin
Apply a THIN coat of Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane using a high-quality, natural bristle or foam brush.
Let dry 3-4 hours. Then lightly sand entire surface with fine sandpaper (220-grit) to ensure an even finish and proper adhesion. Remove all dust. For floor projects, use a square buff orbital or disk-type sander with 220-grit sandpaper or the equivalent grit pad or screen (specifically designed for sanding between coats). Do not use a belt or drum-type sander for sanding between coats. Follow the sander manufacturer’s directions for your type of project.
Apply a second coat. If a third coat is desired, repeat step 6 before application.
After final coat, allow 24 hours before light use.
DANGER: Rags, steel wool, other waste soaked with this product, and sanding residue may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately place rags, steel wool, other waste soaked with this product, and sanding residue in a sealed, water-filled, metal container. Dispose of in accordance with local fire regulations. CAUTIONS: CONTAINS ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS. Contents are COMBUSTIBLE. Keep away from heat and open flame. VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage. FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately. DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE. Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal. WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.