Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors 350 VOC is a clear, oil-based, durable, protective finish specifically formulated for use on hardwood floors.
- Superior durability for hardwood floors.
- Optimized drying technology results in faster recoat time between coats.
- No sanding required between coats.
- Advanced anti-settling formula ensures less stirring and fewer highs and lows across large surfaces, resulting in an even sheen.
|Sheens:||gloss, semi-gloss, satin|
|Application Tool:||lambswool or synthetic pad applicator, or a natural bristle brush|
|Location:||interior wood floors|
|Recoat:||after 6-8 hours|
|Dry Time:||24 hours for light foot traffic; 72 hours to replace furniture|
|Cleanup:||mineral spirits or paint thinner|
|Coverage:||600-700 sq. ft. per gallon|
|VOC Content:||maximum VOC of 350 g/L|
|Recommended Uses:||hardwood floors|
|Availability:||not available in California|
Directions Instrucciones en Español
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Sand floor as appropriate for the type of floor finishing project. Carefully follow all label directions and the directions for the sander that you’re using.
- Remove all dust, then thoroughly wipe the floor with a clean cloth dampened with mineral spirits and allow to dry.
- Stir well before and occasionally during use. Do not shake.
- Apply a thin coat using a lambswool or synthetic pad applicator, or a natural bristle brush. Maintain a wet edge to avoid lap marks.
- Let dry at least 6-8 hours until film is no longer tacky to the touch. If allowed to dry for more than 10 hours, lightly sand entire surface using 220 grit sandpaper, then wipe floor with a cloth moistened with mineral spirits to remove all dust.
- Apply a second coat of Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors following steps 4 and 5.
- If the floor was not stained, apply a third coat of Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors following steps 4 and 5.
Floor will accommodate light foot traffic 24 hours after the final coat of Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors. Avoid heavy traffic and do not replace furniture for 72 hours after the final coat of Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors. When replacing furniture, do not slide. Do not install rugs or clean floors for 7 days to allow finish to cure properly. To clean floors protected by Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors, we recommend a gentle cleaner such as Minwax® Hardwood Floor Cleaner.
CLEANUP: For easy clean-up use mineral spirits or paint thinner, following manufacturer's instructions.
COVERAGE: Approximately 600-700 square feet per gallon.
Note: Above dry times are based on good ventilation, temperature of 77°F and 50% relative humidity. Lower temperature, higher humidity, lack of ventilation or application of thick coats will extend dry time. Slight ambering may be experienced when polyurethane is applied over light-colored wood surfaces. Always spot test on an inconspicuous area to ensure satisfactory results.
NOTE: The product may appear slightly dark or purple in the can, but it dries clear.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors and Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane?
Minwax® 350 V.O.C. Compliant Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors is a durable protective finish specifically formulated for use on hardwood floors. Its professional formula provides superior durability. Its optimized drying technology provides a faster recoat time than regular polyurethanes, and does not require sanding between coats. It applies more easily than regular polyurethane on floor surface, with an advanced anti-settling formula that needs less stirring and has fewer "highs and lows", resulting in an even sheen across the floor surface.
Do I get the same protection with the 350 V.O.C. formula as I do with the 450 V.O.C. formula?
Yes. You'll receive the same long-lasting beauty and protection with the 350 V.O.C. product as you have for years with the 450 V.O.C. product.
Do I apply the 350 V.O.C. product the same way I apply the 450 V.O.C. product?
The application process of the 350 V.O.C. product is the same as that of the 450 V.O.C. product with only a slight difference in recoat time. The 450 V.O.C. product can be recoated in 3-4 hours, where the 350 V.O.C. product can be recoated at 6-8 hours. This is significantly faster than other 350 V.O.C. oil-based polyurethanes currently available.
Sanding is not required between coats. What if I want an ultra-smooth finish? Can I sand if I choose to?
While not required, you may still choose to sand between coats for maximum smoothness. If you do sand between coats, we recommend that you allow 8 hours dry time before sanding.
Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors looks darker than Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane does in the can. Will this color be the color that ends up on the floor?
The darker color in the can is caused by certain key ingredients that give Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors a faster dry-time and better dispersed flattener. These special ingredients impart a darker color to the product in the can but do not impact the product's color on the floor.
Safety Data Sheet
We Also Suggest
Here are some additional products and tips to explore.
Stirred, Not Shaken
Some ingredients in clear finishes settle over time, but shaking will only add unwanted bubbles – and may not mix the ingredients thoroughly. Always stir until all settlement is evenly dispersed.