Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler permanently repairs damaged and rotted wood. It is used to fill gouges and holes in split, damaged or rotted exterior or interior woods.
- It is weather, water, and rot resistant.
- Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler is also effective as a wood adhesive where you can anchor screws and secure loose joints in furniture.
- It strongly bonds to wood as well as almost any rigid surface including ceramics, concrete, metal, and fiberglass.
|Application Tool:||narrow putty knife|
|Cleanup:||acetone following manufacturer's safety instructions|
|Recommended Uses:||windowsills, doors, woodwork, floors, decks, furniture|
|Sand:||after 30 minutes|
|Preparation:||prior to use, strengthen and reinforce decayed or rotting wood using Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener|
DirectionsInstrucciones en Español
Preparation: Always wear high-quality chemical resistant rubber gloves and protective eyewear.
Surface must be clean, dry and free from paint, varnish, dirt and grease. If working with rotted or soft wood, remove loose material and apply Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener to strengthen wood fibers and to form a solid base for filling.
- Depending on the size of the wood repair, scoop desired amount of wood filler from the can into the plastic lid and squeeze in a small amount of wood hardener from the tube, using approximately a 16:1 ratio of wood filler to wood hardener. Mix thoroughly for approximately 30 seconds or until you no longer see the white color of wood hardener. Mix only as much as can be used in 15 minutes.
- Apply the mixture immediately to the area to be repaired, using a plastic putty knife. Spread on a thin layer followed by a sufficient amount to fill the gap. (Note: To fill deep holes, spread on 1/8 inch thin layers one at a time until the hole is filled.) Slightly over-fil to allow for sanding down. Work quickly since the mixture remains workable for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- After approximately 20 minutes, the repair should be hard enough to be carved and shaped using a sharp modeling knife. Wait at least 30 minutes to sand, plane, or file. NOTE: Once Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler has hardened, then it can be painted or stained. To stain wood filler, see directions inside cap sticker. This product absorbs stain differently than wood. It is unlikely that exact color match to the original wood will be achieved.
Clean Up: Clean application tools and hands with acetone before wood filler hardens.
CAUTIONS: CONTAINS CRYSTALLLINE SILICA and STYRENE.
Contents are COMBUSTIBLE. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame.
VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE.Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal. Abrading or sanding of the dry film may release crystalline silica which has been shown to cause lung damage and cancer under long term exposure. Contains Styrene which may cause cancer based on animal data. This product must be mixed with other components before use. Before opening the packages, READ AND FOLLOW WARNING LABELS ON ALL COMPONENTS.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler be stained?
Staining High Performance Wood Filler is not recommended. Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler accepts stain differently than wood does. It is unlikely that a close color match will be achieved. For repairs that require an exact stain match, use Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler