Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener is a quick drying liquid formulated to strengthen and reinforce decayed or rotting wood.
- The hardener penetrates deep into the wood and its special resin binds and reinforces the decayed wood fibers.
- High Performance Wood Hardener seals from further moisture penetration and hardens to a rock hard solid base for lifting.
|Application Tool:||disposable bristle brush|
|Dry Time:||2-4 hours, then fill with Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler|
|Cleanup:||acetone, following manufacturer's safety instructions|
|Recommended Uses:||windowsills, doors, woodwork, floors, decks, furniture, woodwork|
DirectionsInstrucciones en Español
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Completely remove decayed and very soft, crumbly wood until you reach reasonably sound wood. Wood should be dry, free from dirt, grease, oil and loose paint particles.
- Shake can well; apply Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener with a disposable bristle brush to the softened wood to completely saturate the area.
- For strength, apply several coats in quick succession until a shiny surface appearance is obtained.
- Allow to harden for 2-4 hours before filling void with Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler.
- Sand, paint, or stain if desired.
CLEANUP: A disposable bristle brush is recommended. If not available, clean the brush with acetone, following manufacturer's safety instructions.
CAUTIONS: CONTAINS KETONES. Contents are EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Vapors will accumulate readily and may ignite explosively. During use and until all vapors are gone: Keep area ventilated - Do not smoke- Extinguish all flames, pilot lights and heaters -Turn off stoves, electric tools and appliances, and any other sources of ignition.
VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE. Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener work?
Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener's extra hard resin is dissolved in a solution of solvents. These solvents carry the resin deep into the pores of the wood where they quickly evaporate leaving behind the hardened resin resulting in hardened wood.