Minwax Color-Changing Wood Filler is an easy to use solution for small defects in unfinished wood.
- Dries natural when it's ready to sand.
- Specialy formulated to accept wood stains.
- Made with real wood fibers.
|Application Tool:||putty knife|
|Location:||Interior and Exterior use|
|Cleanup:||soap and water|
|Recommended Uses:||for filling cracks, small gouges, nail holes, knot holes and other defects in unfinished indoor and outdoor wood surfaces|
|Available Sizes:||5.5 oz, 8 oz, 16 oz|
Surface must be clean, dry, and free of dirt, grease, oil and loose particles. This product should not be used on holes larger than 3/4". For larger holes, use Minwax High Performance Wood Filler.
- Using a putty knife, spread a liberal amount of Wood Filler into the area to be filled.
- Press the filler firmly in place.
- Fill slightly above surface while minimizing overspreading on surrounding areas.
- The filler will apply purple and dries natural. Dry time will vary depending on depth of area to be filled. Most common shallow repairs will dry within 15 minutes.
- Deeper repairs may need more than one filling and may require 2-6 hours to dry. Let dry between fillings.
- Sand filler smooth and flush to the wood.
- Remove all sanding residue before staining, topcoating or painting.
Clean application tools and hands with soap and water before wood filler hardens.
STAINING & FINISHING:
- Touch up with Minwax Markers or choose a Minwax penetrating stain, such as Minwax Wood Finish, Minwax Water-Based Stain or Minwax Gel Stain.
- Apply according to label directions.
- After staining, apply a protective clear finish for long lasting beauty and protection.
- For exterior use apply Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane. Accepts paint as well.
Not recommended for use with Minwax Polyshades. Do not apply when temperature is less than 40 F. Keep from freezing.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT KIND OF STAIN DOES MINWAX® COLOR CHANGING WOOD FILLER ACCEPT?
Minwax® Color Changing Wood Filler has been formulated to accept all Minwax® penetrating stains, including Minwax® Wood Finish, Minwax® Gel Stain and Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain.
CAN MINWAX® COLOR CHANGING WOOD FILLER BE TOP-COATED?
Yes. Minwax® Color Changing Wood Filler has been designed to work within the Minwax® system. It can be top-coated with any Minwax® protective clear finish, including Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane, Minwax>® Polycrylic® Protective Finish. It also can be painted.
CAN COLOR CHANGING WOOD FILLER BE USED WITH A ONE-STEP STAIN AND FINISH, SUCH AS MINWAX® POLYSHADES®?
No, it is not recommended for use with Minwax® PolyShades®.
CAN I USE MINWAX® COLOR CHANGING WOOD FILLER ON HARDWOOD FLOORS?
No, it is not recommended.
CAN MINWAX® COLOR CHANGING WOOD FILLER BE USED OUTSIDE?
Yes. Minwax® Color Changing Wood Filler can be used on exterior wood surfaces, except deck floors.
CAN A NAIL OR SCREW BE PUT IN THE REPAIRED AREA?
Yes, Color Changing Wood Filler dries to a hard, strong consistency that securely holds nails and screws.
HOW IS MINWAX® COLOR CHANGING WOOD FILLER DIFFERENT FROM MINWAX WOOD PUTTY®?
Minwax Wood Putty® is designed to fill minor surface imperfections in finished wood. It comes in ten colors to match Minwax® Wood Finish™ stains and it does not harden. Color Changing Wood Filler is designed to fill nail holes, cracks, small gouges and other defects in unfinished wood. It does not come pre-colored. It readily accepts any Minwax® stain and, once stained, will match the surrounding wood.